Pages

Friday 18 September 2015

What's your dream bike?

If you're a cyclist you can probably relate to what I am about to post. We all have an idea of our dream. That given if money were no object it would be the bike we'd want more than any other.. I've been thinking about this lately and want to share what my ultimate bike build would be. My build compared to some will be fairly modern in its spec, but that's the thing, your ultimate machine doesn't have to revolve around a classic frame, it can be anything you want. So lets get started.

For starters the frame would be a 2008 Cannondale Caad9, hand built in america it was designed in a time where comfort still didn't factor into the Caad design philosophy. A Caad9 is also the first road bike I ever owned and thus has a special place in my heart as bikes go and so far no other bike I have ridden has been similar to the characteristics of the Caad9. Livery would be the team colors of the 2008 Liquigas Cannondale team
My own bike with Alloy Ritchey WCS

Finishing kit would be full Ritchey carbon WCS. No other brand in my mind is suited better to this frame. Everything apart from the saddle would be full carbon Ritchey WCS including the fork. I was never a fan of the stock fork that came with the Caad9. Wheel would of course be also from Ritchey in the form of the WCS Apex 46mm clinchers, a good all-round wheel-set. Finishing with American Speedplay Zero Pedals in Lime Green Making a change from Ritchey. Tires would be the current Michelin Pro4's 23mm.

Now we switch from American to Italian. Bar tape and saddle would be provided by fizik, the Arione (carbon braided) and microtex tape both in metallic blue same as what Liquigas Cannondale Used.

Finally the groupset, harking back to what Liquigas Cannondale were using. The groupset would be Campagnolo Super Record Anniversary edition. The matte finish of the carbon would complement the Ritchey Components nicely. I also prefer the ergonomic and shifting performance. So it's not all about cosmetics. Why not go electronic you may ask? Simply put the Caad9 isn't electronic compatible.  And on a final note brakes would be the Zero Gravity Gravitas Sl, I saw these years ago and have wanted a set ever since. 

Now I'd like to note, I still own the Cannondale Liquigas Caad9 as described above but not at the high spec described. So in a way I'm halfway to having my dream bike.  

So what would your dream bike be? 


No comments:

Post a Comment