Pages

Sunday 13 September 2015

6 - Week Schedule: Week 2

Another week down and feeling good. Week to was more about increasing running time as oppose to the previous week were emphasis was on getting the body used to high intensity running.

The week began with 3 minute run intervals and by the end I was doing 5 minute intervals. Pacing was crucial as the idea of intervals isn't go as heard as possible and struggle to complete the full time but to run a pace you can maintain for the duration. I found that out on Monday where I pushed too hard on the first 2 intervals. If you use a heart rate monitor I would recommend working out your functional threshold and using that as your guide for pacing as I found this helped me in pacing.

Furthermore since I started core exercise last week it has become easier to maintain form whilst running, simple exercises such as the plank twice a day has made a difference to me. So if you want to run more, brace your core.

Saturday was the highlight of my week, running or cycling in the rain has a certain charm to me wherein I enjoy it. Call me weird but that's just me. If you run in the rain you're hardcore. Period.


No comments:

Post a Comment