Pages

Sunday 20 September 2015

6 Week Schedule - Week 3

It's hard to believe it's already been 3 weeks, I'm half way into the training plan and the improvements are showing The gradual increase in running duration has really helped with conditioning my body to run faster and longer. It's much for effective than what I did previously wherein I would 5k as fast as possible with no real training structure involved.

The route I run is for the best part of the word hilly so getting my breathing nailed was a big bonus. My breathing has definitely improved. I will mention that I started using PowerBreathe which has really helped strengthen my diaphragm and and increased my lung capacity.

I find running less of a chore now, but more of an enjoyment. Although I'm still to do a full 5k run I'm getting closer week by week. This week I averaged 4km per run and I'm fairly confident next week I'll be hitting the 5km distance and the remaining 2 weeks I'll mainly be focusing on increasing my speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment